Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Cant Boot Mini Windows XP on Hiren's bootCD

This is a discussion on Cant Boot Mini Windows XP on Hiren's bootCD within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I've downloaded and burned Hiren's bootCD15.2 when i needed to erase password on one notebook and It worked fine.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi
I've downloaded and burned Hiren's bootCD15.2 when i needed to erase password on one notebook and It worked fine. But now when i tried to run Mini Windows XP on other notebook, it just display error announcement for a short time and turn of computer.
Annoucement:
lsass.exe- Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminatethe application.

Notebook I've tried to run it: HP Pavilion m6-1040ec, Intel Core i5 3210M Ivy BridgeRAM 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD7670M 2GB, HDD 750GB 5400rpm, Win 10 Home premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

A few things first. the Upper mucky-mucks here on TSF don't like the Hiren Boot CD because they believe it has pirated software on it, even though that is not the case. Also, mention of circumventing passwords is also a no-no. Mention of either of these things will get your thread closed and harsh words thrown your way.
That being said, it sounds like you are trying to boot a CD onto a computer with UEFI Bios. To do that, boot into Setup (Bios) look go to the Security tab, look for Secure Boot. If it is enabled, then Disable it, or change it to Setup Mode. Now go to the Boot tab. If it says UEFI Bios, change it to Legacy Bios. Now, the CD drive can be moved to First Boot Device, or you can press F12 at bootup and make a one time change of boot. Save and Exit.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

TSF does not recommend using Hiren's Boot. Try Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread