Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Cannot change BIOS settings + missing NTLDR = nightmare

This is a discussion on Cannot change BIOS settings + missing NTLDR = nightmare within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I restart my computer and get this message just after the boot screen on my computer: NTDLR is missing,

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #1

So I restart my computer and get this message just after the boot screen on my computer:

NTDLR is missing, press CTRL ALT DEL to restart.

No biggy I thought, I'll just pop the XP CD in and get it back.

Problem is, a few weeks ago I had to put a password on the BIOS settings because I didn't want a certain person changing them. This is the first time I've actually logged in. ALL the settings, literally ALL of them, are unchangeable so that results in me not being able to use the DVD ROM drive to load first instead of the hard drive.

Does anybody know how I can sort my problem? Is there some sort of default BIOS login code which gives me access to all settings that I'm not aware of or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Manager, TSF Articles

OS: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 build 14361, Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

My System

Hi there and welcome to TSF. The only way you can do this is by resetting your BIOS. To do this remove your CMOS battery for about 20 minutes and then replace it. Your BIOS should then reset to default settings.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A whole bunch of scrambled programs/logs, what do they mean?!?
This summer my notebook's performance suddenly plummeted and I haven't been able to find a remedy ever since. The computer's resources just seem to be eaten up by something running in the background which causes the rest of my things to lag. If I reboot, I can listen to music, watch movies, browse...
ForeverYoung Windows XP Support 8 11-19-2006 03:38 PM
hi jack this logfile
tried to follow as many steps as i could on the guide sheet. need help. please and thank you! Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:43:20 AM, on 10/28/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes:...
aznlvrboi Resolved HJT Threads 17 11-07-2006 12:19 AM
Pop ups, Hijackthis report inside
Hello, I have been getting pop ups for awhile now. Running ad-aware I find that something named virtuemonde or something similar is always detected, but if I delete it it comes back next time. I know from reading on the internet that this item is connected to spyware or popups. Also in my...
oaev Resolved HJT Threads 8 08-01-2006 03:07 PM
Programs Vanished
A week ago (2/12/06) I started getting strange messages from Norton Internet Security saying that my current definitions could not be used an that an older set would be used - another message said that an internal error had occurred and to reinstall NIS. I did a system restore back to 2/11/06 when...
kermit2 General Computer Security 2 02-19-2006 06:49 PM
Hijack Help
Ok, I have followed the KRC Anti-Spyware Tutorial and completed steps 1-7a. This is my first time posting to a forum so i'm a bit confused. Anyways, my problem began with AVG not able to delete CWS.homesearch. While running all of these suggested spyware programs it appears that I had several other...
jcaruso Inactive Malware Help Topics 18 01-31-2006 01:44 AM