Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Caller Id Incoming calls (accepting)XPPro

This is a discussion on Caller Id Incoming calls (accepting)XPPro within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I don't know if I have everything running right,or if my intel536(r) modem does not have the capabilities of these

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ricerider623
EEK!

I don't know if I have everything running right,or if my intel536(r) modem does not have the capabilities of these functions.I am getting ready to try another program I have downloaded.If everything goes well,it is a freeware program,I will post it later in the ad section.
If anyone has had this problem,(I feel that I should have adequate resources),please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
mark3567

Hi,

You must have a v.92 compliant modem and then caller ID and Call Waiting......and, the most important, you must ask your phone company to enable (is a free service if you have ID and Waiting) Call Waiting Caller ID which is different than the first ones I mentioned. Then, it should work if you have the latest drivers.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ricerider623
Thanx Mark,
I did some checking on my modem and it is v.92 compliant and I will call the phone company to see if they can help,but I was reviewing my modem init commands and as I changed them to enable caller id,I received an error and had to change back.I will see if the modem will accept the different call waiting/call id signal after I call the phone co.
Thanx again,
Mike Hanson
Closed Thread