Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

BSOD after restarting following a malwarebytes scan and BSOD after running windows xp

This is a discussion on BSOD after restarting following a malwarebytes scan and BSOD after running windows xp within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, After restarting the computer following a malwarebytes scan, I could not get into window, nor safe mode and

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everyone,

After restarting the computer following a malwarebytes scan, I could not get into window, nor safe mode and system restore by pressing F8 at start up. What I only had after running a little while is BSOD. Btw, I ran diagnostic test a few times. All passed.

After this happened and I did some searching online, I decided to run a windows xp repair by using the original OEM window xp installation CD (sp2) when the system inside the computer is sp3 after I updated it long ago.

I followed the processes suggested by the following webpage.
Windows XP Home Repair Guide

It was all fine until Part 4 in that webpage. A BSOD popped out after the windows symbol in Part 3.
And I noticed some new sentences at the bottom of the BSOD which are like ‘physical memory dump’.

Hopefully, solutions for all of this would be recommended by someone. I don’t even really dare to switch the computer back on now!

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section of the forum. If I have done it, please move this post to the right section. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools, or WD DataLifeGuardin my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ug5912 View Post
Hi everyone,

After restarting the computer following a malwarebytes scan, I could not get into window, nor safe mode and system restore by pressing F8 at start up. What I only had after running a little while is BSOD. Btw, I ran diagnostic test a few times. All passed.

After this happened and I did some searching online, I decided to run a windows xp repair by using the original OEM window xp installation CD (sp2) when the system inside the computer is sp3 after I updated it long ago.

I followed the processes suggested by the following webpage.
Windows XP Home Repair Guide

It was all fine until Part 4 in that webpage. A BSOD popped out after the windows symbol in Part 3.
And I noticed some new sentences at the bottom of the BSOD which are like ‘physical memory dump’.

Hopefully, solutions for all of this would be recommended by someone. I don’t even really dare to switch the computer back on now!

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section of the forum. If I have done it, please move this post to the right section. Thank you in advance.
what is your antivirus? sounds like a virus was in a system file and malwarebytes deleted a system file
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winxp rules View Post
what is your antivirus? sounds like a virus was in a system file and malwarebytes deleted a system file
Hi winxp rules. I scanned the computer by using malwarebytes as I mentioned.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

Also, I want to add up more details. The computer was infected by “live security platinum”, thus I did the scanning after deleting that. I think the BSOD is because of that.

The stop code of the current BSOD is: 0X0000007F (0X00000008, 0X80042000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
Some sentences are at the bottom of the BSOD which are like ‘physical memory dump’.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Due to Forum Rules we cannot comment or offer any assistance in removing any virus or malware.
Try this: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/live-se...latinum-virus/
Then click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and post in that section of the forum.
Closed Thread