Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Briefly ask your question...

This is a discussion on Briefly ask your question... within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. e-machine t-3025 won't finish install after reformat...I ran disc and it said successful. won't go past name computer page..??

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

e-machine t-3025 won't finish install after reformat...I ran disc and it said successful. won't go past name computer page..??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

We need a lot more information.
By Install, do you mean Windows? You are posting in the Windows XP forum, so are you trying to install Windows XP? Are there any Service Packs installed with the CD (ie) XP SP3?
What happens at the computer name page? Does the keyboard stop working? What happens if you restart the computer?
Do you have more then one CD drive? have you tried using the other drive? Have you tried using a different install CD? Have you tried a different HDD?
Old 03-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

I did a reformat then ran xp restore cd version 1.0... The discs came with pc. Can't why it won't go pass name this pc. The pc is E-Machine T-3025. I ran discs in cdrom drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have tried about everything I know...it comes up to name this pc and goes no further..keyboard fine.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

I have a universal drive adapter. I pulled drive and checked it all the folders appear to be on drive. It will ask about country, time zone, all that stuff, then hit next goes to Name computer for network, that's is where it goes no further, it has skip tab and next tab tried both goes no where...Drive shot?????
Old 03-29-2018, 12:34 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

No, but your CD might be shot.
You can try the CD with a different CD drive, or a different HDD or in a different computer all together as a test.
There is no Legal place to download XP for free. You can purchase an XP CD from Ebay, or Amazon . Your friends may even have a spare one lying around. If you do get a new CD, try to get one with SP3 already on it. Or you can bypass XP and install Windows 7 which is still supported by Microsoft.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:27 AM   #7
Registered Member

thanks for the help ....I found my xp has corrupt or missing file \ windows \ system32\config\system...I had updated to windows 7 and failed to make backup..that's why I was using xp discs.. The old pc probably not worth purchasing windows7 discs....I like to tinker with old pc's and try to make them work....been tinkering since Commadore 64....don't know much...fun. Thanks again for replys...
Old 03-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you have a Windows 7 installer disc, then use that. Your product key on the computer can be used to activate Windows.