Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Bluetooth Mic troubles. pc noob

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Mic troubles. pc noob within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi and I apologise for having to post here as I know there is alot of info on this already.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi and I apologise for having to post here as I know there is alot of info on this already. The problem is making sense of said info has frustrated me to the point of asking you kind, knowledgable folk for help.

I have TurtleBeach PX5's. They work fine except for the bluetooth mic.
It pairs to my Bluetooth USB dongle (made by GoSelect if that helps), but no matter what I try to do I can't get it to come up as an available Audio Input.
The only option i have is Realtek HD audio input. I select that to hear through the headset but have no other bluetooth option for the mic'.

I am running Windows XP professional version 2002 Service Pack 3 that a friend installed because I hated Vista so much.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully post some solution to this, It will be much appreciated.

p.s May need to be spoon fed but I'll do my best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

What is the make and model# or your computer/motherboard? Have you downloaded the Bluetooth Driver for your computer from the manufacturers support/download drivers site?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

its an Asus P5Q SE motherboard. ill have to open it up and take a look if you need more specific details on that.
Ill have a look for the drivers now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

You can also run Speccy which will tell you your motherboard model # etc. If you need help with this, in Speccy, go to File/Publish Snapshot and copy the link and paste it in your next post. Then go to the Asus site type in your model# and download the Bluetooth driver.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Registered Member

Speccy is a handy program to have.
I've found the list of drivers and am downloading some of the ones that Device Doctor says are in need of update, cant see any bluetooth drivers but once ive updated them ill test out my headset.
Thanks for your help. Hopefully I should be ok from here on in.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Registered Member

Well that didnt work too well. lol
Couldnt find a bluetooth driver there so I used the Drivers that Device Doctor linked me to and now my dongle isn't recognised. I'm giving up as this is far too complicated for me to bother with. Perhaps another day i will try again but for now thanks for trying to help me out.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
Registered Member

My System

You do not need Device Doctor. You should only download drivers from the motherboard manufacturer and nowhere else. You only need to update drivers that have a yellow flag in the Device Manager or are not listed (ex) Bluetooth. When you're ready, please post your make and model# of your motherboard and we can help you get it going.
Closed Thread