Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Block access to shared folders

This is a discussion on Block access to shared folders within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How can I block other users on my network places from accessing my shared folder they are putting their files

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

How can I block other users on my network places from accessing my shared folder
they are putting their files there so that the files won't take space on their PC and somehow block me from deleting the files
(they use windows 7 with a password on their shared folders while I'm using xp home)
please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF is this what you want to do How to disable simple file sharing and how to set permissions on a shared folder in Windows XP

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Registered Member

thank you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Your welcome

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trouble accessing shared folders
I have a home wireless network set up and want to access my pictures stored on my main pc with my laptop. I have a second pc that is set up on the network and I can access these files/pictures with that pc on the my network places, no problem. The laptop shows these files in my network places,...
SaraLou Windows XP Support 2 04-17-2012 01:07 PM
[SOLVED] XP msoobe problem:Blank "Activate Windows" Window
My old graphic card stop working, so I installed a new one. When rebooting the windows XP sp3, I got message of need to activate Windows within 3 days, because of changes. So I agree to activate Windows, but only thing happening is blank "Activate Windows" screen. After waiting 1/2 hour I got a...
xpu Windows XP Support 10 01-28-2012 03:56 AM
Windows Server 2008 block users internet access
Hi, I'm studying Windows Server 2008 R2 and I would like to know if it's possible to block internet access for some users. I have created the organizational unit and group policy but there's just doesn't seem to be that choice in settings. I would like to block the internet access only, so that...
jon011 Windows Servers 2 01-22-2012 12:04 PM
Need to "clean up" shared folders
In the past both of my Dell Laptops running Windows 7 via a router and belonging to HOMEGROUP, have been able to share files back and forth - with the ability to read/write. All of a sudden, one of the laptops (call it #1) was not able to find the shared files of the other laptop (call it #2.) ...
flydonna File and Application Sharing 1 01-16-2012 05:05 PM
A few Questions
Hey guys I have a few more questions, I have been slowly working on my site and looking for stuff to do it like the software to set up a social site kinda like fb or myspace. well any ways I also wanted to set up a message board for the site for people to get help or talk about stuff, for now it...
Dblanchard1278 Web Design & Development 27 07-25-2011 01:47 AM