Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dai 
#1 ·
Hello, I've just recently encountered a problem with my pc.

I'm running Windows xp service pack 2 on a machine with a p4 2.1ghz proccessor, 2gig ram, and a GeForce 7600 GS video card.

After the bios screen, the computer appears to load normally with the windows xp loading bar appearing, but after this screen all I receive is a black screen with a cursor. I can move the cursor around, however I can't access anything. I also can't issue any commands from this screen.

I've tried loading last known good configuration to no avail, I only get the same screen. When I enter in safe mode, I get the safe mode text on the corners of the screen, but still only a black screen and cursor. When I enter in VGA mode, all I get is a low res cursor icon.

I've booted from a windows recovery disk, with the same results as a regular boot. I"ve also physically removed the video card and booted the machine without it, to only have the same thing happen.

As far as what happened before this occurred I'm not exactly sure. I know that my mom was attempted to install Norton anti-virus, and she said after doing a reboot this is what happened. Since then I can't get the pc to do anything else.

I don't know what else I could do to try to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.