Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Birthday blues.. Nothing works..

This is a discussion on Birthday blues.. Nothing works.. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Well, I got Battlefield 2, a PC game. I installed it fine and everything, yet when I go to play

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #1

Well, I got Battlefield 2, a PC game. I installed it fine and everything, yet when I go to play it, the Battlefield 2 screen comes up and then the game does nothing. It just sits there. Sometimes I can move the curser, sometimes I can't, but everything becomes unresponsive and I end up having to restart my PC manually. Not by task manager, but by literally hitting the power button on my PC. I tried reinstalling the game and still nothing. Well, I decided to give it one more try, and I was just going to return the game.

THIS is where the problem is.

Well, the game froze at the screen again, so I had nothing to do but restart my PC. Well, it went through the traditional detecting Harddrive, CD/DVD Rom and Ram and then...... NOTHING. Instead of the "Windows XP Professional" screen to come up and it showing Windows loading, the screen is just blank and NOTHING happens. What the hell is going on?

Well, so far my Birthday isn't too much of a good day. First my game doesn't work, and now my PC is messing up. I've tried changing what boots first, and have tried checking my IDE cables and restarting my Ram but nothing..

Any idea of what I can do? I dont even CARE about the game anymore. I just want my PC to boot to Windows instead of just a blank screen!

Thanks.

Just for you information, I did already have all correct drivers, and latest Directx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #2

What kind of video card are you running also post you cpu and ram. I can think of two posible problems it could either your computer doesn't have the resources to run this computer or you need to update your drivers. To update you drivers goto the manufacturs website and you will be able to find the link.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #3

at the boot screen, try hitting F8 and choosing boot into last known good configuration...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2005, 11:06 AM   #4

Have U Made Sure That The Game Requirements Meets Ur Computer Needs?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Exactly ANTHONY19

Too many times I see the systems are not meeting the game requirements.

Battlefield 2 System Requirements

- Operating System
Windows XP (32 Bit Version)

- CPU
Battlefield 2 supports the following processors:
Intel Pentium 4
Intel Xeon
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition
Intel Celeron D
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Athlon 64
AMD Athlon 64-FX
AMD Sempron processor

- Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
with 128 Mb of RAM

- Recommended Specification:
CPU: 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 1 Gb
Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

- Video Cards
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series
Old 07-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #6

definitely post your hardware specs so we can help you out alot more. another thing you can do is to bootup with your windows xp cd. you will need to go into the bios first and choose cdrom as your first boot device. then save settings and exit the bios.

then the computer should boot into windows and on the main console, choose repair. the computer will ask you for an admin pass and if you dont have one, just simply hit enter to skip it.

then on C: type in "chkdsk /r" without the "" and make sure there is a space between chkdsk and /r. this process will take a while after this is finish, type in "fixmbr" without the "" too. this process fixes your master boot record and it should only take a sec. afterwards restart the computer and boot into windows normally.

see if these help. good luck
Closed Thread