Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

audio video and mouse problame

This is a discussion on audio video and mouse problame within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. when i play audio and video there is a problem. it get stuck for a micro second and gave irritating

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:53 AM   #1

when i play audio and video there is a problem.
it get stuck for a micro second and gave irritating Noise
it happens every time after 30 seconds at the same time my mouse also get stuck.
i ask to some hardware parson he told me to FORMAT my pc
but i did that 3 time before now i don't want to do this any suggestion
my email id is:[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #2

Hello & welcom to TSF ,

here is several options for you to work with
----------
have you tried the (Add Hardware ) function in the control panel ?

this may add the other devices that you need to have the device work compleatly!!

steps
--------------------------------------------

start / select (control panel / then select (add hardware) by left clicking it

then select (next / a scan will happen

you will then need to make sure that the ( yes i have already connected the hardware ) is checked

then select (next / another window will appear / you will need to use the scroll bar to scroll down to (add a new hardware device )

then select (next / then you need to make sure that (search for and install the hardware automatically (recommended ) is checked

then select (next

another scan will happen / if it finds any thing you will want to install those devices & their drivers

then close all windows & reboot to ensure the are installed properly

if not just close all windows

this wil check for (legacy devices) & if they are installed
-----------------
do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )
this also applies to (sp3 )

https://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot
----------
also
----------
now this is the process

a (sfc) is a windows scanner that is directed at the core system files & dll's

it scans only these files & dll's to see if they have been corrupted or replaced by (maleware/spyware/trojans/ viruses/ ect..that are designed to mask themselves as part of the operating system and cause havic or send information/data to it maker /originator

now i do know that during this process that these 2 patches/hotfix's will be knocked out

KB902400 & KB914440

to wich can be easily reinstalled by downloading them from the download center at microsoft / since microsoft is always creating patches & fix's for the software to solve issues they placemant & page that they are on will change / when downloading them you can save them for fucture use and reinstalling / just make a file and put them into it / one will ask to have the system rebooted ( yes ) the other simply is installed

i use (Belarc Advisor)to wich will show you all your installed patchs & fix's and if they are intack & will give you a direct link to microsft to either give you info on the patch/fix or a link to reinstall the patch/fix

you can download it here

https://www.majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html

now with the removal of infections i find it to be best to do a (sfc) for from the process of removal some files/ dlls can be damage and need to be replaced

now also when you remove infections it can also cause added programs to act weirdly or to stop fuctioning all together to wich they may need to be repaired or reinstalled
----------------
also
----------------
i seggust that you download (K-Lite Codec Pk Full ) from (https://www.majorgeeks.com)

when you get there you will notice on the main page on the left a list of subcatagories / you will be lookin for multimedia

when installing the codec pk. you will want to leave everything set to default so do not adjust anything / now at the end of the install it will do a scan for corrupt or broken codecs , if it finds any it will if you want to replace then or remove them (say yes )

now try to watch your video's / movies / listen to your misic
-----------

let us know how it goes
Closed Thread