Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Attempting to Recover files from HD

This is a discussion on Attempting to Recover files from HD within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So my wifes PC crashed and I am attempting to recover the files off her HD but she had her

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

So my wifes PC crashed and I am attempting to recover the files off her HD but she had her account password protected. So I have the HD currently plugged into a HD slot on my PC. But when I try to access her account on the HD it says access is denied. Is there anyway around this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Take Ownership of the Folder https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.11).aspx
Old 12-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

When I right click on the folder and go to properties I do not have the security tab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

NM I figured that out. I will give it a try and see how it works
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malware/Adware - Ads placed on web pages
Hello, I seem to have gotten some sore of computer infection. I know so by the fact that most of the web pages I go to are placed with ads inside of them that aren't actually supposed to be a part of them. Very weird. Seems to slowed down loading as well but could just be my mind playing tricks...
ca4224 Resolved HJT Threads 26 11-16-2012 05:00 AM
searchnu.com/406
Hi new to the forum so i hope i am in the correct section. I have followed the instructions as requested. This programme is a royal pain in the back side.. I could strangle my sister:angry::angry: My computer is brand new and she downloaded Ilivid to watch the fight. Now whenever i click...
looneyfitter Inactive Malware Help Topics 19 09-02-2012 12:43 AM
[SOLVED] services.exe trojan ?!
My AVG anti-virus was beginning to detect a trojan (filepath - C:\Windows\System32\services.exe) but it is white-listed so I cannot delete it. I ran Malwarebytes as well, but that did not seem to help. AVG says the "Threat Name" is "Trojan horse Patched_c.LXT". AVG is also detecting a...
Stagaz_630 Resolved HJT Threads 14 08-08-2012 03:33 PM
Downloads from IE say that they have a virus
Good Evening Tech Support Forum, Been awhile since I've been here. Working on my sister-in-laws notebook and it has some issues. First, Vista SP2 would not install. Got it to install after running the Vista SP2 fix from Microsoft. After that, I was able to get all of the updates installed...
mrmuggyd Resolved HJT Threads 19 06-02-2012 08:12 PM
Startup time from 75 seconds to 165 seconds. What is wrong?
Hello forum. I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled,...
SimTmiCro Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 05-10-2011 09:01 AM