Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

All services disabled after diagnostic startup

This is a discussion on All services disabled after diagnostic startup within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello I recently set my computer to diagnostic startup via msconfig. I've rebooted the computer and while it says it's

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

hello
I recently set my computer to diagnostic startup via msconfig.

I've rebooted the computer and while it says it's set to Normal startup - it is most definitely stuck in diagnostic startup as most of my services are disabled.

When I attempt to restart anything via administrator/services I get the error:
"configuration manager: the plug and play service or another required servies is not available."

does anyone have any idea how to get these services enabled again?

thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #2
Registered Member

I was able to enable plug and play after a restart - this then let me go through and manually turn all services from disabled to automatic and restart.

what's weird to me is that a bunch of very old programs started popping up at boot. like MS messenger and AIM messengers. These were uninstalled/disabled many many years ago.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
so much ram
my computer is using 15.7/16 gb of ram for no reason. I'm just browsing the web and I got 15.7/16 gb of ram being used. Nothing showing in task manager as being high
Eject Windows 10 Support 21 10-07-2015 02:04 PM
Massive svchost.exe memory leak w/ nsi windows 7
Hi, For the last few months my I am experiencing a large memory leak with svchost.exe (the one associated with process nsi). Operating systems is Windows 7 64 bit. The memory grows over a 1 week period to use most of the 8gb of available RAM. Only solution so far is to reboot and then it just...
mattyxp Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 16 02-05-2014 10:10 AM
Memory issue
Hey guys, So I need help figuring out what could be causing this https://content.screencast.com/users/Squeezitgirdle/folders/Jing/media/38bbe494-97b6-46a6-94de-38225d069cf1/2013-11-20_0932.png Just let me know what information I need to post and as long as I know how I'll be happy to...
Squeezit Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 17 11-28-2013 03:06 AM
[SOLVED] Audio Service is not running
Whats really weird is it does this on all three of my computers (two desktop, one web book)... My Audio service will routinely stop when watching movies, playing games or just sitting there silently. I can click on the volume icon to restart it but ill usually have to restart whatever program...
onemeantoaster Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 29 05-23-2013 10:26 AM
Ukash Virus
I recently had the "Ukash Virus" while streaming video. Initially I was blocked from doing anything. When I restarted my laptop my screen was completely white and I could not do anything, however, I did have audio so I know the system booted up. I restarted again and did a system repair. This...
dkrabbe Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 10-15-2012 12:26 PM