Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

acpi.sys error when trying to install

This is a discussion on acpi.sys error when trying to install within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to install a clean copy of Windows XP onto a laptop that had windows 10 installed. It's

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am trying to install a clean copy of Windows XP onto a laptop that had windows 10 installed. It's specs : intel celeron Bay Trait M CPU ,2 gb ddr3 ,500 gb HDD ,Hd Graphics gen 7 . It doesn't have a cd rom so I am using a USB cd rom and also tried with a usb stick .

I am getting this error :"
stop: 0x0000007e 0xffffffff80000005 0xfffffadfc8eda83 0xfffffadfcc231540 0xfffffadfcc230f50
acpi.sys - Address FFFFFADFCB8EDA83 base at FFFFFADFCB8DA000 , DateStamp 42435eae " .

I have a usb stick with a mini xp version installed on it.It had the same problem .I had managed to load it by pressing F5( I don't remember which option ) when it starts loading the windows, but I can't press any key or use my mouse when it loads .the clock work though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2016, 12:59 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Advanced, Hard Drive Mode, SATA. If it is set to AHCI, change it to IDE or Legacy.
Go to the Boot tab, move USB CD drive to first boot device, unless you are using a USB Flash drive, then it would be listed under Hard Drive Group or just USB device, move that to first boot device, Save and Exit.
You should now be able to boot to the Windows installation. When you get to the part where it asks where to install Windows, Delete All Partitions on the HDD so it is Unallocated Space. Then Choose to Create a Partition, Format it NTFS and then install Windows XP.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Advanced, Hard Drive Mode, SATA. If it is set to AHCI, change it to IDE or Legacy.
Go to the Boot tab, move USB CD drive to first boot device, unless you are using a USB Flash drive, then it would be listed under Hard Drive Group or just USB device, move that to first boot device, Save and Exit.
You should now be able to boot to the Windows installation. When you get to the part where it asks where to install Windows, Delete All Partitions on the HDD so it is Unallocated Space. Then Choose to Create a Partition, Format it NTFS and then install Windows XP.
Hi ,Thanks for the response ,I tried what you said and I still have the same issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2016, 05:11 PM   #4
Registered Member

The BIOS is american megatrends
Old 12-26-2016, 04:32 AM   #5
Registered Member

Which Software you are using to create USB Device Bootable.
Try with DOS Formatting
Old 12-26-2016, 01:57 PM   #6
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Are there XP drivers available for your hardware?
Old 12-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

What is the make and model # of your laptop?
Remove all but one stick of RAM. Download the ISO image for Memtest, and burn it to CD using IMGBurn both in my signature. Boot the computer with the CD and run the tests on each RAM stick separately for at least 7 Passes. If you get any errors (red) in the lower pane, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced.