Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Accidentally disabled DEEP FREEZE on msconfig while on thawed mode

This is a discussion on Accidentally disabled DEEP FREEZE on msconfig while on thawed mode within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please help me. I accidentally disabled all non-microsoft services on msconfig INCLUDING DEEP FREEZE, for me to be able to

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 05:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Please help me. I accidentally disabled all non-microsoft services on msconfig INCLUDING DEEP FREEZE, for me to be able to fix a problem on an online game I'm playing.

My problem is, I disabled it while my deep freeze's on thawed mode and switch it again to frozen mode and restarted it (msconfig's changes will only take effect if restarted). That's where my problem started.

Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F6 won't work anymore and enabling it again on msconfig is useless since it'll not take effect if I don't restart the pc. And knowing that my pc is stucked on frozen mode, restarting it will just wipe away everything I did before restarting it.

I can't uninstall deep freeze and I can't seem to find a way to uninstall it since I don't have the installer in my pc. I tried system restore but it didn't make any difference since my pc is stucked in frozen mode.

I hope you understand my problem since it's very hard for me to explain and I hope you can help me. Thank you.

(I'm using Windows XP and Deep Freeze 2000xp.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Constant BSOD, video display driver crashes. Please help.
Hello. I built my computer, first time for me. Ever since I first started using it I have had BSOD and application crashes at seemingly random intervals. I can go a week with no problems, and then get several BSOD in a few hours. My video card fails every so often and applications will often...
Illegitimate BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 33 08-27-2012 09:06 AM
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
Not sure if I have a virus.
Hello I am not sure I am doing this right. I had posted on the Vista forum which is in the link below. My rundll32 was missing. So I had taken the steps for scf/scannow it has said there was no problems with the integrity and that it is was fine. So then a moderator suggested that I do the...
hisbeauty4ashes Resolved HJT Threads 59 05-20-2012 03:03 AM
Win32/Sirefef.DN trojan
Hi there. Eset is reporting that I've got Win32/Sirefef.DN trojan in Operating memory. I've tried cleaning it, but it returns. Computer behaviour is getting worse. Some examples: New firefox tabs opening Firefox redirects to ebay Computer fans varying wildly when idle Malware software...
tryingtimes Resolved HJT Threads 139 03-12-2012 01:04 AM
System performance is virtually standstill
Thanks for your help here. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a novice here but I think I've followed the forum instructions with the scans and detail in this e-mail. Alsi I don't have an installation disk or a Boot CD. The system performance is excessively slow on all applications whether opening excel...
roybrfc Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 25 02-22-2011 03:05 PM