Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

A quick explorer.exe question...

This is a discussion on A quick explorer.exe question... within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. On my XP sp3 install, I had modified explorer.exe so that it changed the look of the start menu. I

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

On my XP sp3 install, I had modified explorer.exe so that it changed the look of the start menu.

I recently had to reinstall XP, and am now back to the default start menu.

I have a copy of the explorer.exe that I modified backed up.

Is it safe to copy the modified explorer.exe from my previous installation to my new installation, or do I need to repeat the modification I did before on the explorer.exe in my new install?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

OS: XP[HP]32SP[23] AOS 5.0.1 Past: W2KSSP4 W2KW W98SE Slackware Ubuntu SUSE DOS UNIX Z/OS PDP-11

If the version info and file size is the same your should be ok. A binary file compare (eg using total commander should show only you patch tweaks). I am assuming you patched the word "START" on the button.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick protocol question
Hi Everyone, I just started taking some networking classes and wondered if anyone would like to point me in the right direction with a essay question. I am not asking for anyone to do my home work, I just would like a little direction where to go. This is just one of my 9 essays due this week and...
Adam30 Protocols and Routing 1 11-29-2011 03:31 PM
Just a quick question...
I wasn't really sure where to post THIS question, actually, but if I have a question regarding help with a YouTube feature, and I want to see help from the experts on TSF, which forum section would I post it in? Thanks!
vertigoelectric Offline 12 06-14-2011 02:32 AM
Quick and easy question
OK, so my wife's brother passed away a couple of weeks ago. He and the rest of her family are in California, my wife and I live in Loiusiana. Anyway, one of the other sisters has been going through his belongings, and seeing if anyone wanted any of the items she found. Two things that my wife want...
WOLFMAN1966 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 06-02-2011 01:00 PM
Very quick question about my laptop harddrive.
Hello all! Well recently my laptop hard drive broke due to physical abuse. Its completly un useable and all data is lost. I purchased a new one for my laptop and installed it correctly, however i cant get the windows 7 cd to run. I believe it is a SATA drive. Basically, when i turn on the computer...
Nulliti Hard Drive Support 5 05-09-2011 06:51 AM