Tech Support Forum - View Single Post - Windows vista problem, can anybody help I do not have any technical knowledge

You are viewing a conversation about Windows vista problem, can anybody help I do not have any technical knowledge. To view the entire conversation, or to join in, click here: Thread: Windows vista problem, can anybody help I do not have any technical knowledge

View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 05:53 AM  
mikeymo
Registered Member

Hello there, i have managed to get the event viewer to work today, wierdly enough my computer started up ok for the 1st time in over a month but problems still persist.

here is what i found on event viewer im not sure if im giving the right infromation though, let me know if i am:

under windows logs floder in application i have:
21/03/2010 -----LoadPerf error, Event ID 3001, The performance counter name string value in the registry is not formatted correctly. The malformed string is WMI Objects. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the index value to the malformed string while the second and third DWORDs in the Data section contain the last valid index values.

23/03/2010----warning, search, event ID 1008, The Windows Search Service is attempting to remove the old catalog.

23/03/2010----application error, Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\System32\wmploc.DLL for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Windows Media Player because of this error.

Program: Windows Media Player
File: C:\Windows\System32\wmploc.DLL

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C0000010
Disk type: 3

23/03/2010----application error, Faulting application wmplayer.exe, version 11.0.6002.18111, time stamp 0x4aa91411, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e0379e, exception code 0xc0000006, fault offset 0x0000a3de, process id 0x16bc, application start time 0x01cac8a32bdb8434.

23/03/2010----application error, Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program AntiMalware Service Executable because of this error.

Program: AntiMalware Service Executable
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C0000010
Disk type: 0

23/03/2010----application error, Faulting application MsMpEng.exe, version 2.1.6519.0, time stamp 0x4b2055cb, faulting module mpengine.dll, version 1.1.5605.0, time stamp 0x4b9720aa, exception code 0xc0000006, fault offset 0x001a8a14, process id 0x3a8, application start time 0x01cac872379993f9.

theres too more to list it will go on pages and pages i also went into security and i have alot of audit failures il just give 1 example as there are so many again like in applications:

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\drivers\DNISP50.sys

i dont know how to get the DMP file after crashing can anyone help me with this.

Thanks