Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adjust QFan Settings?

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  signal64 
#1 ·
Is there any way how to adjust how QFan controls fan speeds?

Aside from turning Qfan on/off and setting it to one of the three options (Silence, Optimal, and Performance) that is.

I'd like to set temp thresholds and fan speed.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I've been looking for the same thing, but have come up empty on software based voltage controls. the only thing i can find is hardware manual fan controllers that can be tuned using the supplied software, such as the innovatek fan-o-matic. Great piece of equipment, but the thing costs 250 bucks. I only started looking a few days ago, so my search has been anything but exhaustive at this point. Keep us posted if you find anything, as will i if i find something.

#3 · (Edited)
Hmmm... still looking into this.

This board is using a 4wire PWM fan for the CPU so the control is smooth.
With my current setup it doesn't start to kick in until the CPU is between 50-55c. It tries to keep the Intel 840 under 55c.

I have much more room to play with the current heatsink+fan setup.
I could probably keep the CPU at 45c if I could set the threshold.

My ASUS A8V Deluxe has Q-Fan (3 wire CPU FAN) and options to change some speed ratio's are in BIOS, but these options seem to be missing in the BIOS for this board.

Not sure if there is an "unlock" or "unhide" BIOS options trick like there is for Award BIOS's (these are AMI based). Might be hidden options for it.

Wow.. $250 bucks? I can't seem to find a review that explains the reason of the cost being so high. There are cheaper options.

Something like this: Sunbeam Theta TP101

It doesn't have LCD or front panel control, but there are other products with those options for less as well.

The Innovatek is probably more solid, but still.

I like the idea of motherboard control of the CPU fan on it's own though.

If I can just find a way to set the threshold I'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.