Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How can I receive SMS messages to my computer rather than my cell phone?

85K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  pung 
#1 ·
Hi,

Is there an service that will provide me with a number to which I can accept SMS messages and have them delivered to my computer?

I wish to be able to setup a service that people can send SMS messages to (from all over the world) and when they do that, I will get the message to my mailbox etc..

Is anybody providing such a service?

Thanks a lot.

#4 ·
At present, Joopz can only send messages to U.S. and Canadian phone numbers. Please enter a valid 10-digit number.
Depending on your phone, you can download its accompanying program so you can connect your phone and computer. (Like Nokia PC Suite for Nokia phones).

You can then check/manage your sms in your pc. Problem is that your phone needs to be connected to the pc via cable, infrared or bluetooth.

#7 · (Edited)
There are services which can let you to receive sms messages as emails - but you have to pay for each message received.

Alternatively, you can use a special software that can receive sms messages through a mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem attached to a PC and automatically forward received messages to an email address or save them on a hard drive. E.g. http://smsenabler.com

The advantage of such a software is that you receive messages for free (in most countries inbound messages are free)

The disadvantage is that you have to have a computer with a mobile phone/modem attached and the software installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.