Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't uninstall powerDVD

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tomken15 
#1 ·
Dear all,
I would like to uninstall powerDVD on a desktop that is operating XP. Whenever, I try so, there is an alert box responding, i can't do so! what may be the cause! Also when I play a video file through FLV player, the player plays really slow and so fine pixels are displayed! Expect all your help ASAP
Thank You!!!

#4 ·
If PowerDVD is running in the background, like doing an automatic update to it's software you can't uninstall it. Right click the task bar and start the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and scroll through the list and see if Cyberlink is listed, then end the process. Now you should be able to uninstall it.

#7 ·
It's usually best to do the uninstall in Safe Mode with difficult to uninstall programs, which will ensure that non of the programs files are in use and Revo does work.

I also use IObit's Uninstaller which I found to be a little better as it picked up a program that I wanted to uninstall that Revo didn't have listed, but if Revo finds it then use the bottom Advanced button then follow the prompts.

It's best to Save IObit on download to use it again as a .exe as it's a one off use when you close its window, unless you've installed Advanced System Care which it is part of.

IObit is easier to use as you just tick the Advanced button and after it has used Windows Uninstall, click on the Powerful Scan button and if it finds any remnants, then click on Select All - OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.