Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to charge a laptop without a charger?

74K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to charge my Dell laptop where I cannot use the charger to power my laptop. If not, is there any way I can try to build a device which is charged first from a power supply, where this charge is stored in the power device. The power device can then be used to charge the laptop anywhere.

#2 ·
Why don't you simply buy an extended battery? What's the point of such device?
I feel like if you don't tell us exactly what you intend to do we can not help you.

#3 · (Edited)
Already been invented, dozens of times over. Here's just one by Duracell
Duracell Powerpack 600 | Portable Generator | Duracell

Use your favourite search engine:

Portable power source
Portable AC power
Emergency power.

PS: A basic DIY system would be a 12 volt deep cycle battery coupled with a 2-300 watt DC-AC inverter. Or just an inverter connected to any 12 volt DC system (such as in an automobile or RV).

#4 ·
@Learn2day: I will try check this at the shop, if ever, because I usually go places with my work laptop with several apps opened during the whole day, which usually uses half of my battery charge in about every 45 mins and it's a problem to charge my laptop every hour where I dont have access to AC supply to charge it.
@gcavan: Duracell is quite big to take along with me. I will try your suggestions though.

Thanks a lot for quick replies.

#5 ·
Your laptop model would help us providing you some solutions, but maybe you should consider a new laptop with longer autonomy, nowadays you can easily find one with 8h or more.

#10 ·
Slice battery is quite expensive but definitely the best option..
dell e6400 extended battery - Pesquisa do Google

Personally I'd buy a new laptop.
Hehe...is it possible that I buy another "office" laptop. That' s why wanted to design something on my own to have this issue solved. Moreover, what you are suggesting is expensive stuffs, out of my reach. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.