Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Upload Speed From Comcast Xfinity

5K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 · (Edited)
So, you guys are pretty much my last hope. I bought comcast xfinity internet about a month ago, and I cannot get any upload speed. It's jammed up at about .40, and I'm paying for 3-4 mbs. My plan is 15/3, but the download speed is always over 20 mbs, while the upload is .40.

Comcast has been here twice with two new modems, and ran brand new cable under the house, because they said the signal was weak. Now it's strong, the modem is fine, and there is STILL no upload. I can barely upload pics to photobucket. Comcast basically told me there is nothing wrong on their end, and there is nothing they can do. The signal is strong, the modem is fine, the cabling is fine, and they are providing their service on their end.

My question is, what's wrong here? Is it a networking issue with my pc? It must be the pc, because the trail ends there, yes?

Any help would be appreciated. I went and bought a wireless router as well, but I never even made it to that.

PC:
intel i3 cpu laptop
4gb ram
windows 7
wired issue/cable connection
RCA modem from comcast
avast free anti-virus

See less See more
#4 ·
So, I hooked up an old celeron based laptop, and the speed problem disappeared. The first test was 23.44 down, and 4.11 up. Great speed. It looks like it is something with the pc, and not the connection or the modem, yes?

The specific make of the modem isn't listed, but the model is RCA - DCM425. On top is says "digital broadband".

The old pc with no speed problems runs on windows xp, and again the slow upload speed is on the windows 7 pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.