Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to print to home printer when on the road via a web connection

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  QuaeroVerum 
#1 ·
How to print to home printer when on the road via a web connection
I found this all over the MS website:

Internet printing makes it possible for client computers running Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 (SP1) to use printers located anywhere in the world by sending print jobs using Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).

Additionally, computers running Windows XP can use Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) or a Web peer server to create a Web page that provides information about printers and provides the transport for printing over the Internet.
We have a small network with 2 printers. (Brother hl5370) and everything on the network works well. I even have one of the printers setup wirelessly and it's printing fine.

But I go on the road and generate orders. I need to be able to print the invoices at the warehouse where one of the printers is located so the invoice gets shipped immediately instead of me waiting to get home, print the invoice and pkging slip and then ship it.

I almost always have net access via the hotel's internet or my cell phone, so that's not the problem. I just need to install a printer on my laptop that when I print to it, it sends the document thru the net to the home network and prints to one of the printers.

I installed the above mentioned ISS, but have no idea how to use it. Yes, my IP is dynamic, but it never changes unless I reboot the modem so I'm probably okay. And I know there are services out there that can email me my IP so that should not be a problem.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.