Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless adapter not present/unplugged

94K views 20 replies 3 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 ·
hello all. newbie here. so far from reading other posts i see many having same issues. like many others i too had to restore my acer aspireone model # AOA150..if im looking at the right info under laptop. os is windows xp and service pack 3.

after restoring tofactory settings most isworking fine. right now on internet via ethernet.

my problem is that i cannot get wireless internet going. i have tried to reinstall the atheros driver,which i think is the correct driver for this wireless connection. when i click install get a message "atheros 802.11.a/b/g wireless adapter...device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system. insert or reinsert now".

i tried different drivers like from acer website but same results. the device does not show under device manager. been going at it for days. thought id ask for some advice. thanks in advance for any assistance i can get.

#3 ·
i installed chipset,audio & video & LAN from the acer erecovery folder on desktop. but wouldnt lan alrready ben installed since ethernet connection is working? wehn trying to install camera it asked to insert device. but camera is internal. anyway tried to install atheros wireless lan and got same results..when you say install wifi, is this same as wireless lan? thanks for reply.

#8 ·
.....also tought idmention that the little wireless indicator light on the bottom right hand side does not turn on; but when i push switch get message that "wilreless lan enabled/disabled". so iguess the switch works, but it doesnt sem to activate or disactivate wirless device..just mention it in case it means something.

#12 ·
1) Check device manager & expand the option that says network adapters.
2) If you see the option of wireless network card either with a yellow ? or yellow ! mark ? then you need to install device drivers and
3) If you do not find your wireless adapter there then it means that it means your wireless network card has gone bad.

post the results

#19 ·
ok. seems getting to talk to computer manufacture will be difficult. laptop is out of warranty and they will not advice. does anyone know how i can go about purchasing a replacement wirless card for laptop? i googled but cant seem to find anything. thanks for the help....

#20 ·
......new info...i was just told by a computer tech that with thiese little acers it has been very common for wirless network to lose configuration after a virus or being dropped. this loss of configuration makes it to where computer will not detect wireless device.......so, does anyone know how to go about reconfiguring wireless network/device...the computer tech lives aboout 2 hours away. hoping i could do this my self with some guidance...thanks again for any help/advice i can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.