Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

constant 100% CPU usage

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Wlada 
#1 ·
Hi , i need help with the irritating 100% CPU usage which makes my computer freeze or hang . so i screenshot a task manager to let you guys to offer me some advice what should i do ? i am thinking of reformatting now but i don't know will it fix this problem.

See less See more
#3 ·
Google chrome = the evil!! no Seriously, chrome is your issue here.. Uninstall it.. and try reinstalling it. It would be best to use Revo uninstaller to uninstall it, so that it will kill all the hooks and registry entries properly.

#5 · (Edited)
i notice theres some slight changes maybe faster after i deleted google chorme using the revo uninstaller . but i notice another thing that is any programme i on the usage is also that high .... >< gosh this CPU is giving headaches.

I using IE at the moment , any other reccomandation for using internet ? :p

#10 ·
I am seeing 5 different instances of Iexplore.exe running in that one, but the top one is the one using the big chunk of cpu cycles... If you don't run any browser at all and check the taskmanager, is there anything else using an overly large amount of CPU?

#12 ·
ok So it appears to be directly related to Browser windows or internet browsing in general. Have you tried Mozilla Firefox and see if it happens there?
Also when you open iexplorer how many tabs are you opening?

#14 ·
Ok I have to ask.. What is the ZhuDongFangYu.... process related to? I've never heard of it before, and it instantly raises red flags in my head.

#15 ·
Hi all,

I had the same problem. Problem is in the virus who install client software with name Bitcoin Miner. Bitcoin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You probably have in process false chrome.exe, or firefox.exe, or what browser you use.

Solution is to kill this process in Task Manager process.
After that find google chrome installation folder and locate folder with name "bin". - Same thing for firefox and other browsers. EXAMPLE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\bin
Delete file with name chrome.exe. - for firefox file firefox.exe
If you dont see exe files you must display hidden files and folders and uncheck option Hide protected operating system files - Tools / Folder options / views.

You must do this for every browser.

Hope this helps

Regards,
// Vladimir

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.