Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reading SD card on Acer laptop

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  leo_kendall 
#1 ·
I recently had a problem with my laptop (acer aspire one) and needed to get Windows XP re-installed. Before having it re-installed I could always insert my SD disks and transfer all my pictures to my laptop without a problem. Now however when I insert my SD card (Scan Disk Ultra 16GB) it won't let me use it ... occasionally it recognises it and asks me to install the necessary software (even though I never had to install software before and have no CD or CD drive to do this) but will still not display the SD card within my comuter and I have no way of accessing it.
I would really appreciate any advice on how to resolve the issue as I'm travelling for a long time and in need to uploading my pictures regularly.
Thank you

#2 ·
first of all when you insert the sd card in you laptop do a icon show un in my computer? if so, just go in the card and right click and copy you pictures that way and paste them in the netbook. Also try re-installing the driver. You acer aspire one should have a recovery program that lets you re-install drivers. If not just go to the acer website and download the driver. Also try a different sd card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.