Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P0411 Code (Chevy Cobalt)

74K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Cattman 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LS Sedan.

I am getting this P0411 message.. I have had the Secondary Air injection check valve ( taking of another cobalt ) AND pump replaced and they light is still on displaying the same message even after i reset the computer.. What are your thoughts?
thanks
labarr15

#2 ·
all codes have a diagnoses tree that you have to follow to figure out what is wrong .. you can guess and replace parts if you want to waste money or follow the tree testing and figure out what it is

a bad valve will cause the pump to go bad ... and replacing it with a used unit isnt the smartest idea may be the cheapest but not the smartest ... unless you are 100% sure the used one is good

my problem is i dont have the diagnosing tree to look at and walk you thru it ... i know you can go to the library an get a copy of it

#5 ·
I am just wondering.. we changed the fuse on Tuesday. how long does it take for the check engine light to go off if we did fix the problem. I read that i need like 3 full cycles..
what r ur thoughts?
thanks

#6 ·
The light may or may not go out on its won, Chevy computers store codes until they are cleared out with a code reader, I'd say go to a parts store and have them clear the code and then see how long it takes for it to come back on, if it even does.

#7 ·
I just went to AutoZone and they checked the code and i asked them to clear it, but they told me they couldnt do it.. O well my buddy has a code reader and hell do it
Thanks!
Ill post here again when either the light goes on, or after 2 weeks.

#8 · (Edited)
If it stays off for more than a week you fixed it :)
If ya were around here I'd say bring it by and I'd clear it for ya, there's a way to do it without a code reader, but I'm not sure if Cobalt does that, I'd have to physically look under the hood, and at the fuse box

#12 ·
You need to use a higher end scan tool that allows diagnostic testing so you can command the pump on and check what reading the flow sensor is giving, there is a relay and fuses in the circuit but without the ability to tell the ecm to send the on command it's hard to tell what actually happening, there is still a good possibility the replacement pump is bad or seized from sitting in a salvage yard exposed.

#13 ·
What if i cant get access to a high end scan tool.. is there any other thing i can look for/do..
And When I first started this thread and before i reset it AFTER i changed the fuse, but BEFORE i reset the check engine light the code was :p4011 but it also said Pending.. so does this mean that i cleared the code out the was on but when i come back on it is the code that was pending and that i just need to reset it again? The people who i bought this car from are very stubborn and I will not take it to a deal and pay out of my pocket. its a long story, but ill leave it as that..
But please dont give up on me!!! i bought this car back in earlier june and to this day the error is still there..

#14 ·
there are 2 things you can do when the light comes on and sets a code to memory

You can clear the code and see if it comes back or do repairs and clear the code and see if that fixed it
If you clear the code and it comes back it is NOT fixed yet

you dont have to take it to the dealership ... there are a ton of independents repair shops that are totally capable of doing the repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.