Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge not enough resources?!

23K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  thedarkwolf25 
#1 ·
In my device manager I am seeing 2 entries of "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" yet one is giving an error of not having enough resources.

I have no clue what the issue is, this is a new reinstall, the only thing I can think of is that I have a new sound card in a PCI slot that I have never used before (I bought a new video card so I had to move the sound card)

Any help would be appreciated.

#5 ·
Yes and I have, I have 2 PCI slots and the sound card has been in both. Not change when it is moved. I also have this issue with the vid card in my wife's rig as well as my previous vid card.

Even when I do a complete reinstall of the OS the problem is still there to greet me, could my MOBO be dying?

#6 ·
On a side note, not sure if this is related to the above issue (I think it is) but when I try to install drivers for the video card, the system acts as though it cannot detect it.

I have picture and the display is perfect, but there are no display drivers listed in device manager at all, and no driver install program can detect the video card.

#7 ·
When you did the XP reinstall, did you install the motherboard drivers ? Many people forget this.

Post the model, etc... of motherboard.

Post model, etc... of video card.

Post exact text of your error message.

If the problem survives XP reinstall, it's going to either be drivers or hardware.

Remove the sound card and see if the problem goes away on reboot. Report results.

Did you remember to click "show hidden devices" ?

#8 ·
Yes I installed the Motherboard drivers.

Abit IP-95 (about 3 years old)

Nvidia GeForce GTS 250

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

When the sound card is completely removed the error message goes away. However the sound card is brand new and I have verified that it does work. I had a previous sound card that died, could that sound card dying have screwed with the PCI slots? The sound card is the onlt device using a PCI slot.

Yes I had "show hidden options" enabled.

#10 ·
I am unable to assign a different IRQ to the device. In the window where I would do so it says that there are no conflicts. In the window where I would change the resources the device is using it gives me no options to do so, only the same error message that is seen on the properties screen.

My video card is also acting as though the drivers are not installed. Considering this appears with each OS install, could removing the CMOS solve the issue?

#12 ·
I have installed the sound card in my wife's rig and the same error occurs. Apparently the sound card is the culprit not the MOBO, I'll be RMAing it to Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.