Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem with BIOS ?

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  3abbas 
#1 ·
Hello

I have a Gateway Desktop model LX6810-01. I have tried to create a secondary partition for the hard drive. The process went wrong and the OS was removed. So, I tried to restore the computer every time I had an error saying: "GetMapCDDriveL()". Tried changing the hard disk and CD drive and even ordered a new set of recovery disks for the computer but with no result. I even tried to setup Windows Vista from a disk which I purchased, there were no hard drives to setup windows on them. Here I figured that the OS setup is not recognizing the hard disks. The BIOS has a RAID system on it which controls the drives. Now, I think the problem is with the RAID system which I don't know how to disable. Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Specs:
Gateway LX6810-01
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33
8 GB RAM DDR2
640 GB SATA Hard disk

#3 · (Edited)
The problem is that the hard drices are recognized (in the BIOS) as RAID drives because their names are some how strange (eg. DR02: WDC... ). However, when the computer starts up the hard drives are recognized with their sizes, but they aren't when it gets into Windows setup.

As for clearing the CMOS, I don't know what is it exactly. Can you just give a little description of it ?

Thank you for your reply

#4 ·
Clear the CMOS: UNPLUG the power supply-Move the Bios jumper from pins 1 & 2 to pins 2 & 3 for seconds then move the jumper back to pins 1 & 2. The CMOS will be cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.