Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3 Plays Blu-Ray Movies but not PS 3 games?

19K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jyy042 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

This just started happening to where my PS3 won't load/start up PS 3 games--it plays Blu Ray movies (and DVD's) totally fine but when I load a game, it initially recognizes it and then it looks like its going to load it, but the little spinning disc never appears and the screen stays dark.

I actually thought it was the game itself (FEAR 2) and exchanged it for another one but no luck.

Any tips is greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
Thanks much for the response--I did try another game "Killzone 2" and that doesn't work either--additionally I noticed that the max resolution for Fear 2 was 720 p while Killzone 2 was 1080 so thought maybe it was a resolution thing and that Killzone would work but it didn't.

What gets me is the fact that my blu ray movies play totally fine--no problem at all with them.

The only other possibility I've seen floating around these forums is that the 2.5.3 software update might be causing some problems but I downloaded that a month ago and this just started happening.

Any other suggestions are really appreciated--thanks!

#4 ·
did you just buy it, maybe you can get an exchange or in the disk thingy scaracthed a bit, try maybe contacting sony my bes bet is to just exchange.

#5 ·
hey ckane66.......i had the same issue where my system would not load any games either and then it just stopped playing movies eventually......if you happened to have a warranty for the system........try to get an exchange like i did.....I had a 40 gig and i bought my system from Gamestop and purchased a warranty with the system.....thank god i still had it becasue it came in handy and at that instead of getting a 40 gig again i got upgraded to an 80 gig......i kno its not much but its a big difference and on top of that the system was brand new not a refurb

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Laser replacement cost me $130. Sony wouldn't honor warranty because of "dust". Can you believe that. What machine doesn't have dust in it??? They really made me mad. Sorry.

I ended up going with PS3 Repair and am very happy I did. Wish Sony really stood behind their products. Any computer or game machine that uses a fan is going to suck "dust" in it. How can they use that as an excuse not to honor a warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.