Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

packard bell sj51 change back to xp driver problem

18K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ogabriela 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a new packard bell sj 51 that comes with vista. I use this laptop for dj'ing and music production only. It doesn't go on the net, watch dvd's anything.
So I formatted the drive put on xp and went to put on the graphics driver only to find to my horror it doen't support xp!!!
All i want to do is have a driver that'll work with the nvidia gforce 7000 running xp. Can i get that to work! God no!
I don't care about onboard sound, web cam, internet anything!! I just need the dam graphics driver for this chipset on xp.

The problem is my external audio interfaces, midi keyboards and drivers just won't work on vista. So for the moment i had to go back onto vista as the graphics were just unusable on xp with out the drivers. Other than that it seemed to be running ok, although I didn't give it full work out. Will there be anything else i need to know about with this chipset.

Someone anyone have any advise on this, I did visit nivida and get some force ware drivers for xp, can't remember what they were now, but it was saying somthing stupid like no hardware detected, I mean what a pile of **** vista is at the moment. Give it a couple of years and i'm sure it'll be fine, but right now it's just a pile of dung!

Any help with this PLEASE !!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes i did in the beginning, but the driver didn't work so i found several others and still had no luck. However as i was getting very frustrated I now can't remember and have vista back on and running some of my software. If you think that it's that simple I may have another go, but as i have many vst's and 100's of mp3's i want to make sure the graphics driver will deff work as it's going to take me hours to do this.
Keeping in mind what i want use this laptop for will i need to consider anything else in the way of drivers ie: mother board etc?
thanks for your reply and time

#4 ·
I have now created a duel boot on a small partician to try and get xp working with the graphics. Anyway I did as you suggested and downloaded the gforce 7 series for xp, guess what? Yep it dosn't work! Just says it can't find drivers for the installed hardware. Arghhh whats going on, this is just ridiculous why don't nvidia supply dam drivers for their chipsets on xp!!!
I seriously going mad with this, any other advise please.
thanks

#5 ·
well after mant hours i've now got a forceware driver that's working for the graphics, fantastic!!. Ha but the only problem now is for some strange reason my terratec phase 26 audio interface is not showing all the in's and out's on the audio channels in Ableton live. I'm only seeing two stereo channels instead of six! All this has been put on the small partition I created to test xp and the force ware. SO not sure what's happeing there, maybe i need to format the main partiton for it to work properly? Also now that i've created the small partiton with XP it will no longer boot or give me the choice of which operating system I want to use, it goes to XP all the time. So i got rid of the XP patition and out it back to the main drive and now I have to keep using a boot disc to boot Vista, any ideas what I've done wrong there?
Thanks in advance

#9 · (Edited)
Hello,

I attach here all backup driver for Packard Bell SJ 51 - Windows XP.

The link is here : http://www.dump.ro/fisiere/xp-driver-for-packard-bell-easynote-sj51-rar/221533/lKvTpRrsnuUBxKMu

Download and install them, work 100%. Read notes inside folders for correct installation.

Bună ziua,

Am urcat aici toate backup-urile la driverele pentru Packard Bell SJ 51 -Windows XP.

Link-ul este aici : http://www.dump.ro/fisiere/xp-driver-for-packard-bell-easynote-sj51-rar/221533/lKvTpRrsnuUBxKMu

Download-ti si instalati, merg 100%. Cititi notele din interiorul folderelor pentru o instalare corecta.

All the best/ toate bune,

Cristian

#10 ·
Eu am un Packard bell easynote mx37 -u 005
pot sa iau aceleasi drivere?

Hello,

I attach here all backup driver for Packard Bell SJ 51 - Windows XP.

The link is here : [url]http://www.dump.ro/fisiere/xp-driver-for-packard-bell-easynote-sj51-rar/221533/lKvTpRrsnuUBxKMu[/URL]

Download and install them, work 100%. Read notes inside folders for correct installation.

Bună ziua,

Am urcat aici toate backup-urile la driverele pentru Packard Bell SJ 51 -Windows XP.

Link-ul este aici : [url]http://www.dump.ro/fisiere/xp-driver-for-packard-bell-easynote-sj51-rar/221533/lKvTpRrsnuUBxKMu[/URL]

Download-ti si instalati, merg 100%. Cititi notele din interiorul folderelor pentru o instalare corecta.

All the best/ toate bune,

Cristian

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.