Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

COA Discovery

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Moraxes 
#1 ·
Good Evening,
I am helping a friend of mine restore her computer. She or her children have pulled off the COA and she has no clue what I am asking her about. The drive has all of the files but will not boot. So we have put it in a another computer as a slave to recover her files. Since I now have access to the drive is there a way to get the COA off of the drive while it is a slave so she does not have to buy another copy of Windows? Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Thanks dai! I have used this and this gives you the COA of the drive running the OS but does not give you the COA of the instance of Windows that is on the slave drive. If the drive would boot up I could use this or Belarc, etc to get it but the drive will not boot. To fix it we have to reinstall the OS but need the COA to reinstall it. Kind of a catch 22.

#5 ·
Missing COA sticker just contact the manufacturer of the computer and order a set of recovery disks for the computer the disk set comes with a COA that is legal. It is too bad that the original disks got misplaced or there were never any to begin with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.