Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASUS P5LP-LE BIOS File

26K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  felix9330 
#1 ·
Help! My son just got a new HP Media Center m8020n. The HP Automatic Updater downloaded a Motherboard BIOS Update and he tried to install it but it locked up. Now the computer won't pass the POST, says BIOS checksum error. It won't let me get to the BIOS Setup screen.

We have searched the net and found AWDFLASH.EXE but now we need a .bin file with the new BIOS. HP Websight has an executable file but it is a Vista file and all my working computers are XP. Ive tried to open the file but it won't open or download.

Can anybody help by providing the proper BIOS file to flash into the system? I think if you are running Vista, you can download the file from the HP site, extract it using Winzip or Winrar, then posting it somewhere I can get it or send it to me via email.

Any ideas are appreciated. RaefS

#2 ·
Clear cmos and try to enter bios. You can do this by unplugging machine
from wall and removing battery for a minute or so. Shiney silver thing
about the size of a quarter. Make sure you install battery the same way
it came out usually + on top. Good luck, sometimes a checksum error
comes from a weak cmos battery, but if this just happened after flash I
doubt it.

#3 ·
Tried this yesterday and again today. Pulled Battery and grounded CMOS for 1 hour. No change on reboot. On boot, computer says

Award BootBIOS version 1.0
BIOS ROM checksum error

then looks for bootable CD or floppy. I have downloaded and attempted to reflash with awdflash.exe but get the message "Award BIOS is not the current version ...". I get this message using a .bin file I found for another HP computer running XP OS. I can't seem to trick the system to recognize any other version of BIOS file.

Can you extract the .bin or .rom file from the file on this page?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3377259&os=2093&lang=en

#8 ·
Just went through a BIOS upgrade on my m8020n with the same motherboard. Same issue with BIOS checksum error as RaefS. The HP tech support, after paying $99 for useless warranty extension, tells me it will cost me $250 to bench and fix the computer (i.e. replace motherboard). RaefS did ever resolve the problem on your computer?
BTW, holding F1, F8, F9 and F10 keys during boot does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.