Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PUP Friday: RelevantKnowledge

733 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JMH3143 
#1 ·
RelevantKnowledge is a Marketscore variant. It is considered adware and by some even seen as spyware. MarketScore, formerly known as Netsetter, uses RelevantKnowledge to gather data about internet usage. The data are sold for various goals. These include internet development, commerce, economic analysis, and market predictions. Officially RelevantKnowledge is part of TWRG, Inc. which in turn is part of comScore, Inc.
comScore, Inc. is a global media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to many of the world’s largest enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers.
Privacy Policy

Their online privacy policy seems to be aimed at their panelists, people who volunteer to fill out online surveys. It can be found at their site. It does mention, however, that it also uses bundlers.
Software downloads – RelevantKnowledge sponsors select software that members enjoy for free. This research software is easily installed and easily removed.
Privacy Policy

What struck me as odd is that the notification shown in the next screenshot did not show up every time I installed this bundle. In fact I had to try a few times before I saw it. We can’t be sure if this is intentional or a flaw in the bundler.​
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2016/06/pup-friday-relevant-knowledge/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.