Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Issue with Mapping Shared Folder

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Wand3r3r 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

new to forum and I suppose you can say a new tech support graduate so experience is limited still.

I am having an issue with a shared folder, within the shared folder there are X number of other folders with security groups applied to them for permissions.

When users require access I would add them to the security group required and map them to the shared folder where it would list all contents and only allow them access to the one which the security group was applied to

I have started running in to the problem where when I add the user to a group and map to the shared drive it says access denied yet I can map them directly to the folders based on the access group they were added too.

Anyone know the reason why i cant map them to the initial shared folder?

Would save a lot of time as most groups give access to a few folders within the main shared.

#5 ·
Each folder within the master share has their permission groups assigned to them, the master share has these groups in its security permission but only shows it as "special"

Don't understand, as most people can map directly to master share and then access the folders to what permission group they are a member of but recently some people when mapping the master share have had access denied and have had to map directly to the folder within the master

#8 ·
When you assign a person or a group to a share you have a number of permission assignment options. I am asking you what permissions are assigned at the master folder level per group.

I would then ask you to compare the group assignment from those that can access with a group assignment of those that can't access.

Last but not least you would look at the subfolder level from the master level and see if the permissions are inherited or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.