Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I cannot seem to log into my Windows Server 2008 Enterprise with my password

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jordanllgg45 
#1 ·
Hi there. I am really frustrated and upset because I cannot seem to sign in with my current and new password. But I already have it installed, on a separate partition, so that's good. Whatever new password that I add, it won't log me in at all! Man, this is really frustrating and is making me mad because I don't have any idea to change my password. But I would really like to know on to make my password work. Does it have to be a certain amount of characters, letters or numbers?
Like whatever I put for my password doesn't work. It just gets that annoying red X there, and it says that it cannot change my password! I really don't know what is really going on here. So please help me out on this situation that I am, so that I can log in with no problems at all. Then I will be happy about this problem that I am having right now. I mean it works for everyone else when they change their password, but it doesn't work for me at all. That's strange. I'm probably not typing in the certain amount of required characters or something like that. But I really want to see what the Windows Server 2008 is like a lot! Well anyway, so please get back to me very soon as possible. And let me know what I am doing wrong, because no matter what password I enter, it won't work for me.

And after I log in when it finally works, I would like to know on how to configure my Windows Server 2008 Enterprise. Because I never used Windows Server before, so I can't wait to try this out and see what it's like to use. So all I am saying to you is this. I really need lots of help with my password. Because I cannot seem to log on or sign in at all. This is just terrible. So thank you very much!! :4-dontkno :upset: :sigh:

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure if you're trying to log in as a user account or as administrator. You created an administrator password during installation so you should be able to log in to that and change any user password you may have created.

#3 ·
About the logging into my Windows server 2008 again

I believe I am logging into it as an administrator, not a user. So how come it is not working for? I must be doing something wrong here. So please explain to me here on what is going on, and why I cannot get it to work. Because this is really annoying me a lot. Well anyway, so please get back to me as soon as soon as possible. Because I would appreciate that very much from you! So thank you very much now! :mad: :sigh: :4-dontkno

#4 ·
If you're trying to log in as administrator, make sure that you're spelling it correctly and that you are using the correct password since ALL passwords are case-sensitive. If you're not sure what that means, it's simply that an A is viewed differently in a password that an a. So if the password was PaSsWoRd, it would have to typed in EXACTLY like that. If you don't know the administrator password and you don't know any other user id and password combination, then you don't have too many options available. You may be stuck reinstalling the OS and recreating the administrator password. I know that you won't find help here in hacking past an established password as it's against the forum rules.

#5 ·
I finally got my password to work!

Thank you very much for telling me on how to do this! I couldn't thank you enough. So I created my own password like the way you showed me, and it finally worked! I couldn't believe it. But now, once I am in my server I would like to know on how to configure it. Because I am not sure at all on how to do that. Because the server is supposed to be way faster than XP Professional, Vista, or 7. Because these are like regular operating systems, and not servers. Is that right? Well anyway, I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but I am really happy now about this, and I feel much better about this now. I couldn't thank you more. So don't forget to get back to me as very soon as possible, and let me know on how to configure it, so that I can enjoy the fast speed even better from my server. So that's all I mostly want to know from you. So thank you very much, and thanks for helping me out on this! I appreciate that a lot from you. :grin: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.