Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows Servers

How to print to home printer when on the road via a web connection

This is a discussion on How to print to home printer when on the road via a web connection within the Windows Servers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How to print to home printer when on the road via a web connection I found this all over the

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

How to print to home printer when on the road via a web connection
I found this all over the MS website:

Quote:
Internet printing makes it possible for client computers running Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 (SP1) to use printers located anywhere in the world by sending print jobs using Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).

Additionally, computers running Windows XP can use Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) or a Web peer server to create a Web page that provides information about printers and provides the transport for printing over the Internet.
We have a small network with 2 printers. (Brother hl5370) and everything on the network works well. I even have one of the printers setup wirelessly and it's printing fine.

But I go on the road and generate orders. I need to be able to print the invoices at the warehouse where one of the printers is located so the invoice gets shipped immediately instead of me waiting to get home, print the invoice and pkging slip and then ship it.

I almost always have net access via the hotel's internet or my cell phone, so that's not the problem. I just need to install a printer on my laptop that when I print to it, it sends the document thru the net to the home network and prints to one of the printers.

I installed the above mentioned ISS, but have no idea how to use it. Yes, my IP is dynamic, but it never changes unless I reboot the modem so I'm probably okay. And I know there are services out there that can email me my IP so that should not be a problem.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with computer slow-down and possible infections.
Hello, I have 3 kids that have been using my computer, for anything from gaming to downloading music etc. I have noticed that my computer has slowed down, and I get alot of the fake alert notices that my computer is infected...blah, blah blah. I do use McAfee virus and firewall. I do scan...
krh1326 Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 03-28-2011 09:31 AM
Can't print on network printer
I just got a new computer which I'm trying to connect to my home network printer. It is a Lexmark 5270 all in one printer. All my other computers including the one which the printer is attached to have windows xp and they all work fine. My new computer has windows 7 64 bit. I am able to locate...
SmpsonH Printer Support 2 02-15-2011 08:19 PM
Slow connection to certain sites on home computer
When I try to go to certain websites on my home PC they take up to several minutes to load. It does not matter what browser I use. When I visit the same sites from work (or any other place, literally) the sites load without delay of any kind. Why is this happening? It only happens on my home...
thetxscene Networking Support 4 02-02-2011 04:36 PM
I cannot download files like QuiikTime, iTunes, Norton, etc
UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) Microsoft Windows XP Professional Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2 Install Date: 12/24/2010 5:34:32 PM System Uptime: 1/25/2011 10:07:58 AM (1 hours ago) Motherboard: Intel...
kagyen Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 02-01-2011 12:19 PM
Our shared printer can't PRINT
please help me.... we running a windows 7 Home Basic, we have a 4 desktops and 6 laptops connected to each other and they are in the same IP Address Subnet and same Workgroup and I properly shared the printer from the desktop that the printer is originaly installed. when I test it to print from...
TechReader Networking Support 9 01-27-2011 02:04 AM