Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows Servers

GPO not applying

This is a discussion on GPO not applying within the Windows Servers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

GPO not applying
Hi,

I'm trying to get a GPO to apply to the servers OU in order to remove the shutdown option from the startmenu.

The policies i've applied are:

A) Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Group Policy/User Group Policy Loopback Processing Mode. “Merge”
B) User Configuration/administrative templates/Start Menu & Taskbar/Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate Commands
C) Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignment/Shutdown the System

Basically A and B are the main ones as the idea is to remove the option from users who remotely connect but it does not appear to be working. I know loopback processing is needed since I want user configurations to apply to the computer.

C is something I want to try afterwards to allow specific users only the shutdown command but im not sure if it can apply to remote logon as well as local.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Is this the Default GPO that you are modifying and if not is the OU a member of the GPO? Is there any way you can show us your OU tree and the members list of your GPO?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] webcam on asus u36jc not working
hi. i need your help with the in-built webcam on my asus u36jc not working. actually, it happens suddenly, cannot log in with the smart logon, cannot make video call on skype, etc. is there anyway to diagose this fault and how to remedy. thanks in advance for your help
neeleshbo Laptop Support 14 06-16-2012 10:15 AM
Windows Vista not starting up
Hi I hope you can help me here. A friend of mine's laptop just suddenly shut down showing a black screen with some writing on it, and wont start up Windows again. The screen says, Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem 1. Insert...
allswl Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 30 04-20-2012 06:09 PM
chevy 1500 not getting fuel
i have a 1993 chevy 1500 its all stock, i just ran it earlier today and when i just went to start it up it cranks over but won't start up. i believe its the fuel pump relay or fuse, I'm hoping its not the fuel pump. i'm not getting any gas when i turn it over, any idea what else it could be? and...
maaverick Automotive Support 3 03-31-2012 07:09 AM
Microsoft Essentials Not Remembering Last Scan
I have an E-Machine. Microsoft Security Essentials has been running on it for over a year with a weekly scan. Yesterday, the little castle icon began showing orange indicating I had not done a scan recently. But when I check the scan it says it was last scanned on Wednesday. Nevertheless, I...
lacoppari Windows XP Support 36 03-30-2012 12:29 PM
[SOLVED] GPO not applying
Hi, I'm trying to get a GPO to apply to the servers OU in order to remove the shutdown option from the startmenu. The policies i've applied are: A) Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Group Policy/User Group Policy Loopback Processing Mode. “Merge” B) User...
TheFours Windows XP Support 1 03-30-2012 04:11 AM