Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows Servers

Black Blinking Cursor Box

This is a discussion on Black Blinking Cursor Box within the Windows Servers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Suddenly, a black blinking cursor box has started appearing on my screen where the vertical cursor should be. Does anyone

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Suddenly, a black blinking cursor box has started appearing on my screen where the vertical cursor should be. Does anyone have a suggestion how to change it back to the vertical cursor. Thanks

Old 03-16-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
Mentally divergent

Does anything else look different? The only thing I can think of is that the PC settings somehow got changed in the Accessibility Options?? There are settings to make things bigger for people who can't see well. Those settings are in Control Panel under "Display" and "Mouse". If you go to "Mouse" and click on the "Pointer" tab, the first setting you'll see is called "Scheme:" That should be set to "None".
That doesn't really sound like your problem but the only thing I could come up with.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
Does anything else look different? The only thing I can think of is that the PC settings somehow got changed in the Accessibility Options?? There are settings to make things bigger for people who can't see well. Those settings are in Control Panel under "Display" and "Mouse". If you go to "Mouse" and click on the "Pointer" tab, the first setting you'll see is called "Scheme:" That should be set to "None".
That doesn't really sound like your problem but the only thing I could come up with.
I tried that and it didn't work. Thank you anyway!!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have this same problem on my computer. It just changed one day and it's like a bold black cursor. It's strange. If anyone know how to change it back, please let me know. thanks Leah
Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM   #5
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please start your own thread.

Thread closed.

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo4 View Post
Suddenly, a black blinking cursor box has started appearing on my screen where the vertical cursor should be. Does anyone have a suggestion how to change it back to the vertical cursor. Thanks
1.go to Control panel
2.accessibilty options
3.adjust the contrast for text and colors on your screen
4.move the width bar towards the narrow side

That should fix it..i just had the same problem and it worked.
BTW i am using windows XP.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
Registered Member

Grin

This worked for me, going into the accessibilty options I mean.
Thanks for the tip. Problem solved.
This was driving me nuts!
Now I feel better.
Thanks again.http://www.techsupportforum.com/imag...ies/1-pray.gif
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Registered Member

I have the same problem with the blinking black cursor. It is very annoying. However, when I went to do what people advised, I didn't find a place to click on "mouse" to reset.

Truly, I believe this is a virus as I get popups that say my aol is blocked. I have to restart my computer so often. It has been a nightmare.