Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows Servers

Backups

This is a discussion on Backups within the Windows Servers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a client that gets emails every night when backups are done, every night they get an email with

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Ayyjay Send a message via MSN to Ayyjay Send a message via Skype™ to Ayyjay
Cool

I have a client that gets emails every night when backups are done, every night they get an email with the subject line "SUB_WZUNZIP Failed ERRORLEVEL1" What exactly does this mean? I want to say they use Yosemite backup because that's the backup software that I see on the server, however it looks more for tapes, and they backup all their stuff to external terabyte drives, so it might be software they don't use anymore. It looks to me like it's nothing to really worry about as looking at their backup emails folder, they have been getting this email since 2008, but now they are worried about it. I don't know what this error might mean, and I can't really tell them it's nothing to worry about given the context of it being an "ERROR" and "failed" Any ideas?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Management Team Networking

Since 2008? They can't be too worrried. Have they ever tested their backups with a redirected test restore?

That error could relate to a VB script. Might want to look at the scheduler to see what product is being used.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

The Emails are just a notifier, you never trust them to tell you exactly what's going on. And as far as being worried, I was shown how to do a backup once and told, "A few hours in, the backup tape will eject itself. Just push it back in and it will keep going." This struck me as odd, but I was told not to worry about it. When I gained charge, I took a look into it. Sure enough, the backup would overwrite the previous several hours of backup data with the remaining data when the tape was reinserted... What a surprise THAT would have been.

I'm thinking that error has to do with some sort of check on archived files, perhaps through the anti-virus program they use? Could be a corrupt archive. But if you haven't done a test restore on some random files yet, do one now to make sure they've got SOMETHING in case of failure.