Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPU cooler

887 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bill_Bright 
#1 ·
Is there any one in particular that has the fan facing the top of the computer? I'm not so sure that the fan facing my EVGA hybrid graphics card (one that has liquid cooling) is a good bet here.

To further clarify, I prefer the fan blowing air through the top of my tower from within.

Thank you.

#2 ·
There are dozens, if not more. And there are even more cases that may not come with "blowhole" (top) fans, but provide the support to install one (or two) up there. I personally have been using Fractal Design cases in recent builds and really like them. The R4 Silent I have with this system supports 2 x 120/140 top fans. Plus FD fans are extremely quiet too.

And yes, you would want any top fan exhausting heated air out, not blowing in. No need to fight the Laws of Thermodynamics.

I'm not so sure that the fan facing my EVGA hybrid graphics card
Not sure what you mean here. If you mean a side-panel mounted "case" fan, then I am not crazy about those either. I have seen, in some cases, where they actually disrupt the desired front-to-back "flow" through the case causing component temps to rise, not fall. The exception is when these side fans fire into a tube that channels the air directly onto the CPU or graphics card without impacting the front-to-back flow.

You need to determine the case size you need. Mid towers are the most common. Almost nobody really "needs" a full tower. I also will never buy a case again that does not have removable, washable air filters.

But do you really need the extra cooling? What are your temps? Does your case support additional (or larger) front or rear fans. That may be all you need. Or just better fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.