Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Storage?!

SOLVED 
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Yuki Nagato 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have an iPad that has 12.7 GB of storage. Right now, my iPad says there is no available storage left. I've downloaded about ten apps along with what came automatically installed, but when I look at my Usage, it says that 10.2 GB out of my 12.7 is taken up by my photo library. The thing is, I have literally no pictures on the device. I've taken pictures on it before, but I've deleted all of them, from the Camera Roll, Photo Stream, and Recently Deleted folders. Having no storage sucks. Do you know of any way to fix this problem? I can't find any answers to this.

#2 ·
I found this on a thread in Apples site:

1. Go to Settings
2. Genral
3. Date & Time
4. Yoggle "Set Automatically" to off
5. Manually change the date back for a like a year. (You can change it back once we're done)
6. Close out of that
7. Open "Photos"
8. Select "Albums"

If, like me, you had already cleared out everything from the Camera Roll and "Recently Deleted" folder, you'll smile to see that your "Recently Deleted" folder now has thousands of images back. Those are your phantom photos
Open it, "Select" and start deleting
Now, go back into Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage - and you'll notice your Photo & Camera is empty if you deleted everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.