Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

Macbook Pro won't boot recovery

This is a discussion on Macbook Pro won't boot recovery within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Been given a macbook Pro and the person I got it from had it in storage for a while

Old 06-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

Been given a macbook Pro and the person I got it from had it in storage for a while and has forgotten the password for their account so I can only use guest account.

I'm trying to enter recovery mode by the command + r and it just keeps booting into normal mode

What can I do?
iTouch1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

Sorry but we do not provide assistance circumventing security.

I will tell you that... depending on which OS it is running there may not be a recovery mode.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Assuming the laptop isn't stolen, your other option is to boot up from an Apple CD. Since you weren't able to boot up in Restore mode, tells me your laptop was made before 2011.
justmacanswers is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] win 10 Bsod driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys)
Hello, I have recently been getting BSOD's on my 6 months old computer. Since I have close to no experience for dealing with such issues, would someone please help me resolve this problem? I copied the dump information for my most recent blue screen, using blue screen viewer: ...
Briedeens17 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 20 03-23-2016 11:27 AM
Win32.downloader.gen found by spybot
Hi there, I just ran my Spybot program and it found Win32.downloader.gen. After it ran I checked fix problems button. It showed that it fixed it, but I want to make sure. I have run the gmer and dds programs and will attach them for you. My computer has been running slow also. Thank you in...
garquillo Resolved HJT Threads 19 08-24-2013 05:40 PM
[SOLVED] Macbook Pro 13" 16GB RAM upgrade too much???
Hey what sup guys, I just got me a new Macbook Pro 13" 2.5GHz Intel i5 dual-core with hyper-threading and turbo-boost. 4GB RAM 500GB HD. I've been used to Windows all my life. It's a like learning a new language but simple and easier. I was even able to completely restore my Toshiba...
CerebrumS27 Laptop Support 17 12-12-2012 08:22 AM
HP DV2700 won't boot or run recovery manager
My daughter has an HP DV2700 that had Vista on it a few years back when she bought it. I have been working on getting it to boot for quite awhile with no luck and am stuck. The laptop comes to the screen where you can select safe mode, normal, etc. I have tried the repair and it says it finished...
ToddNorris Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 11-27-2012 10:23 AM