Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

Mac OS X not functioning properly, Need to Backup Email Database. Please Help

This is a discussion on Mac OS X not functioning properly, Need to Backup Email Database. Please Help within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone, My name is Chris, and I am also a tech support engineer. I receive thousands of emails every

Old 01-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris, and I am also a tech support engineer. I receive thousands of emails every day. I am mac user and things were going pretty smooth until last week. But suddenly my mac is acting cranked up, all my apps just crash in the middle of anything. And sometimes, even the laptop will reboot automatically. This is disabling me from storing my work and other stuff. I went to the store to get it fixed, they wanted me to get my mac replaced. Now here's the problem, the time machine is also not working, so I need to backup all my email database on an external hard drive to ensure the safety of my emails. Is there any solution available that can backup my email database before my system crashes again.
Ward_SuperChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

If you right click on the Mailbox... there is an option for "Export" which will allow you to create an Archive file of the mail you can save to any thing.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

The Export function takes a long time to backup the email database, I did try the same earlier but the system crashed multiple times. I need a quick solution that can backup my emails in minutes. I did a research online and I found that some third party apps a re available that can quickly backup the database. I found this application, Mail Backup X - Universal Mail Back up, Archiver, Viewer, Converter Tool, that has multiple functions. Whats your take on this. Please do let me know. Thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.8.3, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 9.3.5

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

Sounds like the best option is to remove the hard drive from the bad computer and put it in an enclosure and then connect it to the new Mac and then you can copy what you need. The Genius Bar guys should be able to do that for you when they bring you the new Mac.

Quote:
it's human nature to stand in line...
-my brother
sinclair_tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward_SuperChris View Post
The Export function takes a long time to backup the email database, I did try the same earlier but the system crashed multiple times. I need a quick solution that can backup my emails in minutes. I did a research online and I found that some third party apps a re available that can quickly backup the database. I found this application, Mail Backup X - Universal Mail Back up, Archiver, Viewer, Converter Tool, that has multiple functions. Whats your take on this. Please do let me know. Thanks
I found mail backup x as the best solution available for my query. I am surprised that no one on this forum was aware of such an amazing application available online. I hope that this thread would help others to learn about this issue and solution at the same time. And also the forum would take into consideration these measures, because if i am posting the query and also finding the solution then what is the use. Food for thought.

Thanks.