Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

Adobe Acrobat 8 Will not launch

This is a discussion on Adobe Acrobat 8 Will not launch within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I installed the CS3 Design Premium on my Mac running OS X Tiger 10.4.9. All of the Adobe apps load

Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

I installed the CS3 Design Premium on my Mac running OS X Tiger 10.4.9. All of the Adobe apps load just fine. When I launch Acrobat 8 pro it asks me to lauch of the other programs first from the suite, such as Photoshop then launch Acrobat 8. I launched all of the apps and restarted. I reinstalled the design premium. No results!!! Please Help...Can't find anything on the web that relates. I asked my Mac Buddies but the don't have a clue because it's too new of a program.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8 & 10.8.3, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 7.0.6

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

because the apps are so new, your best course of action is to register this issue with abode and work with them to get it fixed.

Quote:
it's human nature to stand in line...
-my brother
sinclair_tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

And what about trying PC version of Acrobat Reader via Boot Camp or Parallels? I mean if it refuses to work fine on Mac
Old 05-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Registered Member

I'm gonna try to get with adobe. My buddy is also having a problem using the macbook pro . He installed the beta version of Photoshop CS3 but he can't remove it to put in the full version. I told him to use the cs3 clean tool but he said it doesn't work. In Tiger it's supposed to ask you the admin password to remove the items but it doesn't. It did no my machine but I have a Powerbook G4 1.5ghz.. And suggestions??

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trojan Found - Spy-Agent.bf.dldr
This all started around January 18th / 19th when McAfee Security Centre first reported finding a Trojan 'Spy-Agent.bf.dldr'. However McAfee seems unable to handle it - none of Delete; Quarantine; or Clean can access the file (message - check file is not write protected). The file it seems to be...
Nick3 Resolved HJT Threads 19 04-30-2007 03:01 PM
Got some stuff in my computer, help would be appreciated!
My computer isn't acting strangely, aside from being a little slower than usual, but my virus scanners all find these things that they cannot apparently get rid of. I figured you guys could help me clean things up. Here's the log from HiJackThis: And the log from a Kaspersky Online scan,...
DinosaurKing Inactive Malware Help Topics 1 04-16-2007 10:37 AM
Message from AVG "Virus found Downloader.Obfuskated"
The only problem that this computer showed me is getting popups everytime that i start IE. I'm not sure if something else is happening in the background. This is my ComboScan Log: ComboScan v20070226.18 run by Carlos on 2007-03-05 at 12:15:34 Computer is in Normal Mode....
carsfranchino Inactive Malware Help Topics 7 03-11-2007 10:05 AM
My system takes a long time to boot up, is extremely slow and freezes frequently
And the hard drive is always clicking. It sounds like its working very hard, and then it just gives up. Sometimes it freezes while I'm working. Other times, I'm done and want to turn it off, and it will not turn off. Ctl-Alt-Delete does not help. I have to turn off the power to unfreeze it. I...
miracleshaman Inactive Malware Help Topics 35 12-18-2006 08:53 PM
System running very slow
Hi, I'm new to posting on a forum so bear with me. My system has started running very slow. I have Norton Anti Virus which loads at startup and I regularly run Spybot, Ad-aware, and Spysweeper. When I opened tools in Spybot I noticed a entry in the start up list which had no description but the...
rcalvin Inactive Malware Help Topics 17 08-13-2006 10:22 PM