Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

User mail access issue: Postfix

This is a discussion on User mail access issue: Postfix within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Some users deleted from postfix server and after deleting them there mails are copied from the location of the server

Old 05-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Some users deleted from postfix server and after deleting them there mails are copied from the location of the server /var/spool/imap/users..... Is there any tool or way to convert emails (direct copied from /var/spool/imap/user) into readable format or can see mail with any client tool? Its urgent. Please help.......

Old 05-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Our company mail server migrate from OpenXchange+Postfix(IMAP) to Google. There are so many users on server who has left and mails are still on server. Now It is difficult to dowload mails for each left users. I want to copy all users mails (/var/spool/imap/users/) directly from server to my desktop and convert into readable format.

Is there any software or tool or script through which I can convert the users mails (copied from /var/spool/imap/users/) in a readable format? So that as per requirement I can provide these mails to any user.

Before deleting the user, I need this solution. Need your urgent help...............

Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

*Both Posts Merged as Same Issue from Same User

Registered Linux User #556090
SteveThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft Access and Mail merge with Word
I have a customer database of about 850 entries (mainly first name, last name, address, suburb etc.) in an .mdb file. Currently using Access 2007 now and Word 2007.(Windows XP SP3) I have created a dozen or so simple queries to extract different client profile information by using a criteria of a...
mardette Microsoft Office support 2 11-23-2011 01:10 AM
[SOLVED] computer restarts when watching videos
hi everyone. my computer restarts when watching videos either on the internet or off my hard drive or even off a DVD. i get a glimpse of the BSOD and then it restarts. sometimes its after a couple of mins and sometimes it lasts much longer, but rarely over 30-45mins. i have searched around...
tunno1 Windows XP Support 56 11-06-2011 01:56 AM
Remote access leaving business open to hackers
A data breach investigation report issued by Verizon earlier this year found 71 percent of all hacking attacks on business take place using remote access or desktop service. "Remote access and desktop services, in combination with the exploitation of default and/or stolen credentials, is a huge...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 09-13-2011 01:28 PM
[SOLVED] Network access issue with Workgroup PC's
I am having a small problem with my home network. Before I delve into the details, here is my configuration and a few things that I have done so far: - I have a desktop and a laptop both running XP SP3. - The desktop is hard-wired to a Linksys WRT-54GX wireless router and the laptop connects...
jjscott Networking Support 8 01-04-2011 10:02 PM
Network access issue with Workgroup PC's
I am having a small problem with my home network. Before I delve into the details, here is my configuration and a few things that I have done so far: - I have a desktop and a laptop both running XP SP3. - The desktop is hard-wired to a Linksys WRT-54GX wireless router and the laptop connects...
jjscott Windows XP Support 2 01-03-2011 08:22 PM