Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

Ubuntu 11.04: Wireless Connection disruption

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 11.04: Wireless Connection disruption within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello, I use a acer aspire one netbook. Everything was going fine until I updated my OS from 9... version

Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

hello,

I use a acer aspire one netbook.
Everything was going fine until I updated my OS from 9... version of Ubuntu to 11.04. Since then my wireless internet connection keeps disconnecting and I need to restart my system everytime when this happens. I re-installed the broadcom wireless driver twice already and the issue still exists to bug me. I have a dual boot with Win XP and the wireless works fine on that, so the question on whether the problem lies in my wireless router is ruled out.

Can you please help me with this...

thanks,
rjv

Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

I would recommend that you start with this link and we can help you more from there.

Cheers!

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Wireless Card Detected, But No Internet in 2nd PCI Slot
Hello there, Hope this is the right forum. I have an interesting problem, though quite frustrating. I've found that my wireless card does not access internet in the "2nd" pci slot. After much perusing of forum threads, I've tried many things before posting and will list all my attempts...
SaigoChan Cabling and Network Cards 6 09-05-2012 04:19 PM
[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection
Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router. Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early...
redsox01 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 16 09-10-2011 06:24 AM
Wireless connection frequently dropping
Hello, this would be my first post and I would like to say that it's amazing there's a group of people that help other people fix computer problems...sounds simple but that's amazing. The fact that it's free...:pray: Ok, well, I have a wireless Motorola modem that is hardwired to a computer that...
viewfinder88 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 4 07-23-2011 07:42 AM
Wireless Connection Now Demands I Have 2 Networks
:wave: I am moving my query from what I think was an uninteresting category and I am hoping putting it here will improve interest. (I marked the old thread as "solved" b/c I don't know how else to close it.) 03-14-2011, 08:40 PM, I originally posted: I have cable ISP, Motorola modem, Netgear...
Iig Networking Support 3 03-29-2011 08:35 AM
wireless connection kept disconnecting
Hi all, new to the forum and looking for some help please. My fathers laptop (packard bell easynote r1935) has been running pretty poorly for some time so I decided I would save all his documents and format the hard drive. The final straw being when his wireless connection kept disconnecting....
benjicorb Networking Support 1 01-01-2011 12:02 PM