Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

Linux Mint 12 - screen messed up when ALT+TAB is performed

This is a discussion on Linux Mint 12 - screen messed up when ALT+TAB is performed within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I recently got Linux Mint (version 12) on my Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop and I'm really say that

Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Down

Hey guys,

I recently got Linux Mint (version 12) on my Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop and I'm really say that it's a very cool operating system. Anyways, I recently got one particular problem with my operating system.

Whenever I tried to do an ALT+TAB in either the Firefox web browser, the "Home" folder or whatever that I'm doing, the screen often messes up when the ALT+TAB is performed. In order to combat that particular problem, I periodically have to press the Windoze key and the D key altogether to get rid of that effect.

From my own prediction, it could lie in the memory in my laptop or other related stuff. Also, I don't have any dedicated graphics for that laptop. The display memory is "shared" with the main laptop's memory.

Do you have any suggestions on how can I stop that "warped" effect on my display from happening?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suddenly can't access certain programs
I have WinXP 32/ SP3/ IE8 / Gateway laptop MX6214. I just spent $450 getting my PC working again after my HP printer's software messed it up with their "DJ_SF" "MarketResearch" "Status" pop-ups screwed it up. It was working fne for 2 days and then...........Today, out of the blue, I cannot access...
nypoppa Windows XP Support 10 11-30-2011 05:34 PM
[SOLVED] Lighten up Linux Mint 11?
Hey guys I have a fresh install of Linux Mint 11 LXDE on a Dell CSX that has a pentium 3 and 256mb of ram. The ram is maxed out and the pentium 3 is the most powerful cpu they made for these laptops. What I wanted to know is if there is a way to "slim down Linux Mint" as it were. Just so that it...
Maroman68 Linux Support 11 10-21-2011 06:31 AM
Wifi on Compaq Mini 110; Linux Mint 10
Alright so ive looked online and searched a bunch of stuff but because im so new to linux i am having a hard time even understand some of the stuff. i really want to get comfortable/fluent with linux and unix and what not. so my outputs as posted in the instructions: jason@jason-netbook ~...
jasonlee91 Linux Support 6 04-12-2011 04:45 PM
[SOLVED] Linux Mint Wifi Can't Connect to wpa2 level security
Hi, I recently bought a Netgear wireless USB adapter and have installed it properly on my Linux Mint 10 distro. However, although I can connect to networks without security, I cannot connect to networks with wpa2 security. I do not want to downgrade to wpa because the router tells me it will...
Clavin12 Linux Support 6 01-22-2011 12:22 PM
How to disable your security applications
Note: Those which do not have the instructions for re-enabling are usually re-enabled by a reboot. Once the scans are completed, be sure to Turn On "Real-Time Scanning". Adaware 10 Free/Pro Antivirus Open Ad-aware 10 Click on "Real-time Protection" in the left panel, and toggle it...
amateur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 06-14-2010 01:12 PM