Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

how add a Linux workstation to windows domain

This is a discussion on how add a Linux workstation to windows domain within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please somebody help me to add a Linux workstation to a windows domain

Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
jn7
Registered Member

Please somebody help me to add a Linux workstation to a windows domain

Old 08-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Alternative Computing

OS: Linux Mint 16 Petra (KDE), Arch Linux, Ubuntu 13.10 Raspberry Pi Model B (running Raspmc)

My System

You need to configure samba to share linux and windows resources, I've found a couple
of links that may help:

Making Samba communicate with your Windows domain | TechRepublic

Possibly a more comprehensive guide and a bit more reading:

Quick HOWTO : Ch10 : Windows, Linux, and Samba - Linux Home Networking

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 04:27 AM
Fake Windows Security Program has infected my computer! Please help me remove it!
i was simply browsing the web, and when I hit a link this Windows Security scanner program popped up with several different pop ups and tried telling me my computer was infected with all these particular files. I didn't subscribe to it or anything I just clicked out of it. Now, my computer...
flip25 Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 04-12-2011 11:23 AM
bad image error and norton 360
Hi, My initial problem was trying to get rid of the "Bad Image" error message that has been popping up on literally every file and folder on my PC (Windows XP). Situation has gone from bad to worse as i installed norton 360 5.0. Now nothing works, unable to connect to the internet, unable to...
royalmc Resolved HJT Threads 25 04-07-2011 07:36 AM
Virus and Malware Removal
When opening programs or searching the internet, every activity always causes my memory usage to peak to 100%. It wouldn't bother me if it didn't slow things down. My computer used to perform better. I have a pentium 4, 1.8 ghz with 1gig of ram. Google maps is a particular problem, it uses so much...
NWAngler Resolved HJT Threads 9 03-14-2011 07:18 AM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 07:15 PM