Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

computer won't re-login

This is a discussion on computer won't re-login within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have linux/ubuntu 11.04 and firefox browser not sure of the version, when I leave the computer it dosen't(always) login

Old 12-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs Down

I have linux/ubuntu 11.04 and firefox browser not sure of the version, when I leave the computer it dosen't(always) login from the screen saver sometimes and I have to disconect the power and reboot, I have ipod, ebook and memory stick, I'm wondering will it stop me using these(refuse to read them) not so far, can u help is there a fix for this?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Alternative Computing

OS: Linux Mint 16 Petra (KDE), Arch Linux, Ubuntu 13.10 Raspberry Pi Model B (running Raspmc)

My System

There is only 1 password on Ubuntu a user password, this is used even for root with sudo access.
You can create the root account and set a different password, so if youve done this make sure you enter user pasword and not root password.

You say "sometimes". Define sometimes. Does it work 4 times out of 5 or something else?
You can try pressing ctrl-alt-F1 to see if an alternate console is available, never disconnect power this can harm your hard drive, instead hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds until it powers off.
Hope that helps.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search