Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Linux Support

cannot copy file into ftp connection

This is a discussion on cannot copy file into ftp connection within the Linux Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My local machine is installed Ubuntu and I want to copy a file (.Doc) to remote ubuntu server using ftp

Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

My local machine is installed Ubuntu and I want to copy a file (.Doc) to remote ubuntu server using ftp connection But while I copying a file I get message "There was an error copying the file into ftp://ajkd@x.x.x.x/var/www/html/trainingdpt. When i see the privillages set up to the folders var,www,html,trainingdpt o/s says no privillages are setup. Could you tell me, what is the problem and how solve it.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Alternative Computing

OS: Linux Mint 16 Petra (KDE), Arch Linux, Ubuntu 13.10 Raspberry Pi Model B (running Raspmc)

My System

Install gFTP on your local machine. Connect it to your server and then post any error message you see. "No priviliges are setup" is not a message I am familiar with.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyal
My local machine is installed Ubuntu and I want to copy a file (.Doc) to remote ubuntu server using ftp connection But while I copying a file I get message "There was an error copying the file into ftp://ajkd@x.x.x.x/var/www/html/trainingdpt. When i see the privillages set up to the folders var,www,html,trainingdpt o/s says no privillages are setup. Could you tell me, what is the problem and how solve it.
I suggest removing that whole FTP line from your post. The user and address are not necessary for your problem and you're on public forums....
Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Alternative Computing

OS: Linux Mint 16 Petra (KDE), Arch Linux, Ubuntu 13.10 Raspberry Pi Model B (running Raspmc)

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie.Dean.19 View Post
I suggest removing that whole FTP line from your post. The user and address are not necessary for your problem and you're on public forums....

Well spotted Eddie, I have masked the public IP address now.